When we reached there, it was probably 8 p.m. and the crowd there is overwhelming. We couldn't get any nice seats initially. Since we are not in a hurry, the host suggested that we wait at bar while he put our names on the waiting list. Luckily, merely 1 minute at the bar, the host directed us to our seats. It wasn't our ideal seats (as we wanted to dine upstairs). Nonetheless, it's the best we could get given it was the weekend.
At Souled Out, patrons can experience the atmosphere of dining in a local mamak joint or in a posh restaurant (located at the 1st Floor) or ala al-fresco. There's a very cool practice at Souled Out where the staffs will gather at the bar and echoed "Last Call, Last Call" in a cheerleading manner to indicate the last call for Happy Hour and food. Then, the staffs will carry a very huge cue card around the restaurant to remind the patrons in case they didn't hear the cues.
Souled Out has myriad of cuisines to offer - Italian, Eastern, Western, well ...You name it ; they got it. The same goes for the selection of drinks - cocktails, fruit juices, booze, just to name a few. After much consideration, I went with the Carbonara topped with strips of bacon and sinfully, mouth-watering cheese and garlic sauce. It was love at first bite for me, but after a few bites, I started to feel overstuffed as the cheese is too creamy. So, I'll rate it 4 out of 5.

Angela's Beef Lasagne was nothing to shout about. She said mine tasted so much better. Nothing can top Chilli's as her favourite dine-in restaurant. Hence, I'll give this dish 2.5 out of 5.
On the other hand, I think Cabor's Chicken Meatball Spaghetti is quite tasty. The spaghetti sauce is just right. Not too sour, not too bland. I kindda like it. The rating would be 3.5 out of 5.
As for my drink , I chose a cocktail that comes with a kinky name, i.e. Pussy Foot; which is the hybrid of mango, orange and pineapple juice as well as fresh strawberries. Angela opted for the Lemonade Berry, which is too sour for her liking while Cabor chose the all-time American favourite soft- drink, Coke with a zest of lime.
Since Cabor wanted to try out the scrumptious desserts, we waited for a while before ordering our dessert. Once again, we were spoilt for choice . Finally, we settled for the Haagen Daaz Ice-cream Cake as it looks very very appealing =p
Heck, we were dissapointed. The taste is oh-so-mediocre. It tasted like any normal ice-cream you could get from the groceries. Even Cornetto's tasted better!!!! The cake at the base was not fresh either. It doesn't have the spongy feel. Rating : 2 out of 5.
We chatted a bit more before calling it a night. Geez, I love hanging out with them. I think we could even talk for hours provided that there's more scrumptious desserts and H2O. Yea, I'll definitely visit Souled Out again.
No comments:
Post a Comment