On Merdeka Day, we went to One U for a little R&R. Aunt Lilllian was craving for some Xiao Loong Bao that day, unfortunately there weren't any Dragon-i or Crystal Jades in One U. So instead, we headed to Dragon-i's sister, Canton-i.
Canton-i serves mainly Cantonese cuisine, so no XLBs for my aunt. Another time, another day maybe. Anyways, here are the orders of the day.......
We also ordered dim sums like shrimp dumplings (haar gau), pork dumplings (siew mai), shrimp rice sheet rolls (cheong fun) and etc. But I think the special dim sums are the steamed buns!
My favourite! I could have 5 baskets of these!
The buns were fluffy and the sweetness of the custard is just right.
The fillings are actually red bean paste. Love how cute they looked! Taste-wise was okay.. Not too sweet, just right :)
We also had noodles like the Shrimp Wanton noodles, which according to Mom & Bro.. was pretty generic. I mean you can't go wrong with Shrimp Wanton right???
Aunt Lillian and I shared a bowl of fish congee.. I've forgotten the name of the fish..Hehe. It was pretty delicious.. The congee and the fish are flavorful.
Finally, time for desserts! Luckily I was sharing the main dish with my aunt. Or else I won't have room for desserts :DOkay.. It's not exactly pudding.. It just looks like one.. It's actually blended mango puree with mangoes and glutinous balls with black sesame fillings. To me, it's a weird combo. I'm not crazy about the taste.
Well, that pretty much sums up our lunch in Canton-i. Maybe we'll be back for the Siu yoke and steamed buns.. But definitely not the desserts.
No comments:
Post a Comment