Ahh.. What a hectic week it has been!
For the past week, I was sick for four days (luckily I recovered before my Bali trip) and then I jetted off to Bali for another four days and finally I had the chance to settle down before work starts on Mac 16!
So the Bali trip was kindda fun, given that it was totally impromptu! Lousybro made the reservations only like a week before. I was real shocked and excited at the same time because of Lousybro's spontaneity. This trip only consists of me and HIM (Yeah,we're the coolest siblings ;-p) as his friends were kindda hesitant to go, so we decided to just go for one last trip before work commences.
A few clicks on Airasia website and off we went to Bali! Only RM 591 per person, inclusive of return air tickets and 3 nights stay in Hard Rock Hotel in Kuta! I'd said it was steal! Don't ya think???
Since our flight to Bali were at 1700 hrs, we reached Ngurah Rai airport at 2030 hrs. The international airport was surprisingly small and kindda old. Reminded me of Subang airport.
The journey from the airport to our hotel was rather short. About 30 minutes or so. The most shocking thing is actually the road to the hotel. The roads in Bali are quite narrow and kindda rural. For a split second, I thought the driver was sending us to somewhere else instead!
Luckily, we reached our hotel safely :)
For the past week, I was sick for four days (luckily I recovered before my Bali trip) and then I jetted off to Bali for another four days and finally I had the chance to settle down before work starts on Mac 16!
So the Bali trip was kindda fun, given that it was totally impromptu! Lousybro made the reservations only like a week before. I was real shocked and excited at the same time because of Lousybro's spontaneity. This trip only consists of me and HIM (Yeah,we're the coolest siblings ;-p) as his friends were kindda hesitant to go, so we decided to just go for one last trip before work commences.
A few clicks on Airasia website and off we went to Bali! Only RM 591 per person, inclusive of return air tickets and 3 nights stay in Hard Rock Hotel in Kuta! I'd said it was steal! Don't ya think???
Since our flight to Bali were at 1700 hrs, we reached Ngurah Rai airport at 2030 hrs. The international airport was surprisingly small and kindda old. Reminded me of Subang airport.
The journey from the airport to our hotel was rather short. About 30 minutes or so. The most shocking thing is actually the road to the hotel. The roads in Bali are quite narrow and kindda rural. For a split second, I thought the driver was sending us to somewhere else instead!
Luckily, we reached our hotel safely :)
I've gotta say Hard Rock Hotel is pretty cool. Each level has names on it. The names are actually different music genres. For instance, our level were called Alternative, which is Level 3. Also, there are other levels which were known as Pop and Psychedelic .
The hotel guests were also referred as "rock stars". And the hotel bar is known as the Centerstage, where there's a live band performing every night.
Upon reaching our rooms, I was a little shocked because they gave us a King-sized bed. Of course, we could request for a change of room with two single beds, but we don't want to make a fuss about it. After all, the bed is big enough for 3 persons. So, Lousybro and I won't crossed paths when we get our beauty sleep :-p
The room itself is pretty spacious. I love the bathroom the most because the interior is pretty special. Definitely not your average hotel bathroom :) Also, two bottles of water were supplied to us daily - for FREE! How cool is that,huh?!
Another commendable thing about Hard Rock is that they are doing something to save the environment. In the bathroom, there's a sign saying that if you would like to help save the environment, you could reuse the towel and hang them on the rack after you have used them. If you wish to have a change of fresh towels, you just chuck them in the bathtub and they would replaced them.We did the former, of cos :)
Another commendable thing about Hard Rock is that they are doing something to save the environment. In the bathroom, there's a sign saying that if you would like to help save the environment, you could reuse the towel and hang them on the rack after you have used them. If you wish to have a change of fresh towels, you just chuck them in the bathtub and they would replaced them.We did the former, of cos :)
After we've freshen up we went for dinner at some sort of food court nearby our hotel. The stalls there were somewhat like the warungs in Malaysia. Each staff from the stalls was pretty aggressive in attracting customers. They were practically yelling to attract your attention while flipping their colourful menus. I was a little terrified actually. And spoilt for choice :)
In the end, we made a choice. Here are what we had.
In the end, we made a choice. Here are what we had.
I had the Nasi Goreng Udang (Rp 21,000) and I've gotta say that this dish is as good as it looked. Love the texture of the rice. Not too wet or dry. Best eaten with their sambal. Scrumptious! Oh, I also washed this down with a very thick Mango juice (Rp12,000). Love love love the juice!
Lousybro had the Nasi Goreng Pete (Petai is spelled as pete in Bahasa Indon), which also tasted delicious. The portion is definitely insufficient for his big appetite. Costs about Rp 17,000. He washed down the rice with their local beer; Bintang, which costs about Rp 10,000. The Bintang beer actually tasted like Heineken beer.
So, that's basically what happened on the first night. Stay tuned for the next post!
So, that's basically what happened on the first night. Stay tuned for the next post!
4 comments:
rich kids !!! hong kong, bangkok then bali .... while poor macho here got no money 2 go for holiday at all ...
sick for 4 days ? must hav been missing me dearly ... muahaha
aiya u lagi rich le.. wanna go australia at the end of the year...
i'm sick for four days cuz that time I'm short of 6 bucks to see doc le.. dunno who le hor owe me money.. LOL
Swt... I smell 'backstabbing' here.. LOL...
lol..why u so terasa..not toking abt u le..lol
Post a Comment