20070818

A Bittersweet Symphony

is the perfect phrase to describe my experience of working in PwC.I would say most of them are sweet especially the outings and luncheons with my uber nice colleagues and recently, the ride of my life.




Needless to say, there are some bitter experience that I've endured along the way. A case in point is the experience of buying KFC for my colleagues with another VT while donning in 2-inches heels, carrying 3 barrels of KFC and 6 bottles of Pepsi respectively from Maju Junction back to our office.I really don't mind buying lunch for them but what really get on my nerve is when one of my colleagues have the guts to ask why there aren't any ketchup (Yea, a little gratitude would be nice). Talk about inconsideration. FYI, the other VT didn't eat the KFC until it was like 5 p.m. as he was too busy to go to the IRB.Seriously, I pity him. Also, not to mention the stuck-up treatment I got from the staff in the filing room. I have no idea why they have to be so friggin' LCLY regardless of my charming smile =p.One even purposely avoid my gaze so that he doesnt have to attend to me.


Fortunately, now I can breathe a sigh of relief as the "ordeal" has ended on 15th August. They even organized a farewell lunch for me =) . Here's glimpses of the farewell at Maju Palace, where we had dim sum.








During my stay in PwC, I've learnt a great deal about things that will not be taught in classes nor things that one could learn from the textbooks.I have now mastered the art of photocopying, scanning, removing bullets and of cos preparing submission letters to the IRB. A big thank you to all my seniors who had guided me (directly or indirectly) and bought me lunch, dinner, snacks & ice-creams during my 2 months stint here. At times, I knew I had crossed the line as a VT especially with the things that I had said which might offend some of my seniors. Nevertheless, I hope I would able to stay in touch with them =)
Many people have asked me this question : Would you join the taxation line in the future? Well, for now, I would say thanks,but no thanks.

2 comments:

M00nie said...

so classy man ur farewell !

cr4zy/b3autiful said...

of cos...hohohoho...classy farewell for classy people...muahahahahah JKJK....thanks to my uber nice colleagues