A recent incident in class has got some people (myself included) wondering : "Do I even know this person anymore?"
Yes, it's shocking (and sometimes heart-breaking) to discover that the person you thought you knew turned out to be someone completely different. However, maybe it's not the person who has changed, it is actually their true self that you have yet to discover. The reason for the heartbreak is probably because you didn't really see it coming - at all. It's sorta like as if you were betrayed. You would probably ask yourself, "Why is he/she acting this way? " or "How could the person say such things? " ; because the last time you checked, the person was on the same wavelength as you. And all of a sudden, the person is on the other side?
I understand that changes are inevitable. It's the part and parcel of life. In fact, everyone is changing everyday. We get older and wiser each day, and most of the time, better-looking ;-p. (Haha, don't believe me, try digging out old pictures of yourself, I bet you would ask ; "What was I thinking at that time?" or "Omg, I can't believe I would wear that!" ) It's just that we have not get used to the "new" person that our friends/ family have become.
Sometimes, we may not like the "new" person that they have become , but sooner or later, we would have to accept it, because it's who they are. And come to think of it, changes are necessary in life, or else our lives would be so mundane!
I see changes in other people as a mirror, to define us; to tell us who we are; to bring our strengths and weaknesses into light and sometimes, each reflection makes you like yourself a little more.
3 comments:
very thoughtful post.. =D
congrats on ur internship too! i tot u got a job d for next year.. hehe..im not surprised ma with ur hard work..ehhe...take care ya zin!
hahaha...i tot my pc something wrong..so i send the same comment for a few times..hehehe...sorry ah! den i c the msg above that says 'my comment has been saved and wait the owner approved' ahahha
sorry zin!
Hey diane! haha thanks!Yea..I wish too..job for next year.... Lol..Me??? Hard work? U are really flattering me..LOL ~
No wonder so many comments..at first I was so surprised why suddenly got so many comments wan..Haha.. U are the culprit! But it's ok ;-p
Eh, somebody's birthday is next week wor..
Post a Comment