20080904

Birthday Celebration @ Deustches Gasthaus 2

Last two Sundays ago, my family celebrated my 21st birthday at Deustches Gasthaus 2 at Taman Tun Dr. Ismail.

It was an impromptu encounter with this bar/restaurant because we actually planned to go to some place else, but unfortunately they were closed on Sunday. So, it was the Gasthaus since we have never tried German cuisine before.

Initially when we stepped into the restaurant, it was so quiet and dimly lit.. It was kindda scary.. Hahaha.. Cuz it was raining heavily too, so I think that explains the lack of customers that afternoon. But then, halfway through our meals, there were a few customers here and there.. Mostly came in just for beers..

Dad ordered this German beer, Hoegaarden ; which comes in a very big tall glass..Though not very apparent in the picture.. It's really huge..Not to mention heavy!




After we made our orders, we camwhored while waiting for the food to arrived..Oh ya,another thing that isn't apparent in the pics is that we were actually sitting on high stools.. I kindda like the idea actually..Made me feel taller! :) And it gives me the "bar" atmosphere.


With Ka Kit, Ka Wai & Aunt Lai Kuen


A little preview on how the restaurant looked like.. It's kindda small.. Probably fits 20-30 people.

I like the jar with the Witch hat, filled with corks.. So cute!


Soon after, the food arrived .. Very quick service! First up is the Wild Mushroom Soup..




This is really authentic and good! Not like those can soups! Two thumbs up!

Then, my pumpkin soup came! It looked and smells good!


Taste wise.. It's okay I think..A bit more salt will be perfecto! The taste is a little sweet for my liking.. I like my soup to taste salty..


Next came the mixed sausages, one of Germany's signature dish. The sidelines are potato salad and fresh greens with vinegar. Also comes with mustard, chilli sauce & tartar sauce.

Tasted like ordinary sausages, only saltier than the normal ones. But I like it!


Then, came the Hungarian sausages that I ordered! Hahaha I know..more sausages! Only mine is bigger..and longer! This dish comes with baked potatoes and stir-fried mushrooms.

Taste wise..It was okay..A little pricey though, IMO.


Next up is the dish that Lousybro ordered, Drunken Pork Chops ( if I'm not mistaken). comes with baked potatoes & fresh garden salad..

I love this dish! The pork is so tender! And the sauce totally complements the pork! Yummilicious!

Last but not least is Germany's most famous dish; i.e. the Roasted Pork Knuckle!


The presentation is kindda cool! Hahaha a knife on top on the pork.. Taste wise.. I think it's a bit too dry for my liking.. And it's too much meat for me..

This dish is made for sharing... No way in hell you could finish this by yourself. It comes with the usual garden salad & baked potatoes as well as sauerkraut, the traditional German sour cabbage.


We didn't manage to finish the knuckle, so we tapau'ed and Dad cooked the meat with sambal petai.. Omigod!!The combo is heavenly! I like it much better with petai..Hahahahha


We also ordered fish & chips and a chicken dish, I just didn't snap any pics cuz they looked pretty normal to me.

Not long after our hearty meal, it's time for me to blow the candles!!



Cheeky cousin peeking behind..



Chocolate ice-cream cake... Yum!



The usual fooling around with my cousins!


I had a good time that day.. I was a little surprised when my two lil' cousins present me with these......


I'm so gonna keep these & show to them when they turned 21!

2 comments:

M00nie said...

wee ... da cards r so sweet. totally memory keepers. great things to reminisce on in the future.

cr4zy/b3autiful said...

haha yeah...they are the sweetest!
they're so gonna hate me for digging that out on their 21st birthday..hahahahahaha