Last Friday, we celebrated Macho's 22nd birthday at Sunway Pyramid. We went ice-skating and I totally had fun!!
Usually, we splurge our money on dinner and thus, we went to Wendy's Bistro at Dataran Sunway Mentari. It's located opposite the renowned Yuen Steamboat.
The place is not hard to miss as it is surrounded by lots steamboat tables, left & right.. Geez, those tables totally bring down the standard of the restaurant.. However, upon entering the place, it exudes a romantic vibe due to the dimly lightings and tables that are meant for two.
I like their open-kitchen concept cuz they looked clean and you know how they are cooking your food. And the best part is that we don't reeked of any food after we left the place. That means they have good ventilation system in their kitchen :)
Us being us.. Camwhoring is must while we waited for our food to arrive :)
The Ham Sup Queens!
My Filipino Maid (JK!!) My partner-in-crime About 15 minutes later, our food started to arrive. Quite efficient, eh? Probably there weren't many patrons that night. Anyways, here are the orders of the night.
We were disappointed with this dish.. Not of the taste.. It's the small portion!! We thought it would be kinda big cuz of the picture in the menu.. Pretty deceiving.. Anyhow, the mushroom is quite tasty when paired with bacon. Couldn't taste any cheese though.
The mixed sausages that was served with fries & Thai chilli sauce is pretty decent. It was the best dish of the night, IMO. You could never go wrong with sausages right??? But I think the pork oriental has similar taste with the Taiwan sausages that we usually have in pasar malam.
We were fairly disappointed with this dish too. Because this really differs from the picture in the menu!!! It's not like the usual pork chop that I had.. It's more like a thick strip of bacon, minus the fat of cos.. Slightly on the chewy side.. I don't really enjoy this dish..Should have gone with the pork ribs or pork belly instead...FYI, it is dubbed as a must-try in the menu.
The Cappellini (means thin hair pasta in Italian) is also not up to par. This looks much better than it tasted. According to Yee Joo, this tasted like her mom's Fried Bee Hoon. And I second to that. Tasted more like Asian than Italian.Yet another must-try, according the menu. Seriously, don't bother to order this.
After our main course, we got a complimentary dessert from Wendy's! I'm not sure it is because we have spent over RM 80 or cuz of the request that I made when I called in to make reservations. I mentioned that we were celebrating a friend's birthday, and the waitress said she would help me to ask her boss whether he could give us a complimentary dessert. Go figure!
Since it was Angie's birthday that we're celebrating, we let her call the shots for the dessert selection. And she went with another must-try in the menu.. The Stewed Cinnamon..A hybrid of warm cinnamons and ice-cold vanilla ice-cream.. I think it was so-so only (What's with all the disappointing must-try in the menu??). Christine seemed to enjoy it though.
Though it was not a very satisfying meal for me, I would be back to try the pork ribs & pork belly!!
On an unrelated note, what would you do when you're celebrating a ham sup friend's birthday????
Get her something kinky, of cos ;-p
Happy birthday, Angie!
Glad you like all of the 3 presents that we gave you :D
2 comments:
All I can say is thanks, thanks, thanks ! Haha ... reminds me of why ? why ? why ?
Haha ... luckilly u didn't post the pic of me in the superman attire !
Lol!Too much of Moonlight resonance la u! does that mean you're lying thru your teeth to show your gratitude ?? Muahahahahhaha
of cos i wont post it up.. I'm a such a nice person :)
and that picture is too x-rated.. maybe i'll save it for your hen night..Unless u treat me nicely :)
p.s. You're welcome, welcome & welcome!
Post a Comment