20090308

Getaway in Bali, Part Deux

Day 2 was lazing-around day. We started off our day with breakfast at the hotel. The buffet breakfast was pretty good. Wide range of selection they've got there and the menu changes daily ;)

Our hotel - from the outside


After breakfast, we toured our hotel for a bit before roaming the streets of Kuta.

Super-gigantic guitar!


Being the hotel for rockers and celebrities, one would've guessed how the hotel is being decorated. Yeah, if you guessed guitars.. then you're absolutely right! They have so many guitars in different shapes and sizes!

Guitars with different shapes and patterns


Lousybro with Human Nature's guitar


We spent our afternoons exploring Kuta streets, namely Jalan Legian. We practically walked 2km under the hot blazing sun! Well, basically, Kuta is surrounded by lotsa retail stores and spas. Because Kuta is next to the beach, there are many shops like Quicksilver and Billabong; you know, the whole nine yards.

Though there are many retail shops there, things in Bali weren't exactly dirt cheap. The prices were pretty much the same as those in Malaysia (Haha,Bangkok's still my fav shopping destination!)




After much walking, we indulged ourselves in a 3-hour hot stone body massage and facial at a spa in Jalan Legian. It only costs Rp 230,000 (RM 73) per person after negotiating with them (Yeah, you can negotiate with them cuz the competition is stiff there).
I've gotta say I had the most bizarre spa experience here. We had to strip down to our undies for this massage!! (Easy ok, no need to get all too excited, people ;-p)

Of cos, it was pretty awkward to me at first, especially when I had to switch to lie on my back (with my boobs hanging out for a second before she covers it with a towel) while she massage my stomach.
All in all, the massage and facial were pretty amazing and rejuvenating :)

After the spa, we walked to the beach, which is just in front of our hotel. I think that day I had the longest walk of my life. As a result, both of us got sunburns on our bodies :(

Kuta beach - the place for surfing!

We took a few shots at the beach and before we even realized, it started raining like cats and dogs. So, we practically ran back to our hotel!


Spotted this awesome man who carried durians on his head!


After cleaning ourselves up, we grabbed dinner at the same stall from the day before :)


This time around, we had......

Nasi Goreng Sate Ayam (Fried Rice with Chicken Satay)


Taste wise, it was pretty good. The satay was succulent. Definitely worth a try if you're in Bali.



Sup Buntut (Oxtail Soup)


Although the name Sup buntut may sound a little obscene, but the soup was quite tasty. I would have love it if it weren't too salty.


Udang Pete (Stir-fried petai with shrimp)


For those of you who knew me, one of my favourite dish is petai. Now, we've got petai and prawns! What more could a girl asks for?? Hahaha.. I LURVVEEE this dish!


Coconut drink

I had this huge coconut drink while Lousybro had the carrot juice (which is the real deal--only carrot, without the milk). Although the coconut's huge, but I prefer the smaller and young coconuts that we had in Malaysia.


After dinner, we checked out the one and only shopping mall in Kuta; i.e. Mata Hari.
The shopping is rather small and old. The concept is kindda like Parkson Sg.Wang-cum-Fajar.

The shops along the streets in Kuta


At about 11 p.m., we head to the Hard Rock's Centerstage for the hotel's complimentary welcome drink before calling it a night. The live-band there was pretty amazing.

Lousybro with Ronan Keating's guitar


Me and the Rolling Stones!


Spotted a very cool electric guitar that belongs to Howard Leese. If I were a rocker, this is the guitar I'd be using ;-p

2 comments:

Sim Yee Joo said...

OI.. apasal semua food picture only? Isn't BALI supposed to be BEACHES and BI-KI-NISSS?? Post up some picture of you in your Bikinis and your bro in his 'thong'. LOL

cr4zy/b3autiful said...

i got show pictures of beaches mah... i sked later if i showed my bikini pics..my blog traffic overflow la.. muahahahhahahaha