Remember when one minute you were talking to your friends possibly about everything under the sun and the next minute you have nothing to talk at all???? In fact, I've been through this experience many many times. That's why I hate to be left alone with a stranger because we only have so much to talk about - about our families, place that we study, yada yada... Oh ya and the inevitable question : Do you have have a boyfriend/girlfriend???
Undoubtedly, the BCs and I have a gazillion things to chat about especially when we just gotten to know each other. We could talk and talk and talk for hours non-stop. Muahaha...I think our record was 6 hours straight on MSN :) Now that we've been so comfortable with each other, sometimes we actually ran out of topic to talk about....
Most of you probably think that I'm a talkative person, right? Truth to be told, I'm a listener. In fact, a good listener (Ok la, self-proclaimed a bit) . I actually prefer to listen rather than talking (But u gotta go straight to the point. No beating around the bush). That's why I hate to be the one to break the awkward silence....Then again, it's very difficult to not be the one who break the silence especially if the person you are talking to is worst than you.I seriously can't stand those who gave you one syllable answer when you've asked them like a zillion questions
-_-u
A friend once told me the reason behind the awkward silence is because angels are passing by. So, we gotta be silent for a moment. Haha..a good reason, I would say....So, next time when any of you encounter the awkward silence, you could use the reason as a topic to break the silence ;p
I would normally break the silence by asking : How come suddenly so silent wan??
So, tell me..What is the most common lines that you've used to break the silence?
6 comments:
On msn, i would ask: 'so, what are you doing?'
On the phone (normally when i start to not know what to say next), I'd say: 'I've got nothing to say to you already'.
Face to face, I'd ask questions like: 'so, how was your weekend ?' or like what you would say : 'why suddenly so quiet ?'
wah..on the phone...say until so direct...lol...dam awkward wor.....
I shall leave a comment! Yeah true.. we will be like err??? So??? HAHA~! anyway just drop by to comment. I'm bad at commenting. 'wink'
WOW.. now only i realise that giving comment need approval. COOL...
on the msn,
i will ask "what are you doing now?" (if i want to continue chatting) and just "Okay. Haha!" (If the person bored me)
when face to face,
i will describe what i see around, maybe "wah, today weather damn hot ah .." .. or maybe "look at that hot chick"
hahaha!
lol..now that i know wat are the lines that you guys used to break the silence....it's more awkward than before...lol..
Post a Comment